Wednesday, June 3, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 155]:~ Joy in the Heart

~:[CH9 - Day 155]:~ Joy in the Heart
There is a lot of heartbreaking stuff going on in the world. It's hard to soak it in and sometimes you just need to take a short break from it all. Strangely, this is the time that working in my office at home would let me feel all that go away, but I've been here way too many days for that to be the case for now. However, yesterday I was able to have some interaction with people, to see the joy that they had themselves, and to work on a project that also brought me joy. In a time where virtual has taken over, it was nice to at least have had the opportunity to do something "not as virtual" as before. Although I had work to do, I took some time to work with the photos, to edit them and even make some fun edits. On a normal basis, as set of over a thousand photos for standard, but getting back to it was a little daunting, but definitely was what I needed. I dream of the day where I can finally finish up the photo and video projects I am working on abroad, but for now, I'll soak in what I can. As while there is a lot in this world that we need to fix, we also need to make sure we see all the good that is around us that can bring us happiness. As I look at this photo and see this amazing group of students who will represent us around California, up to Alaska and even two at MIT, I am overjoyed that these are just some of the amazing students I get to work with every day. As much as wrong with the world, let's also not forget what is right. Yes we need change, but we also need some of that joy in our heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment