~:[CH9 - Day 178]:~ Virtually Amazing
I ran into an issue that was truly a pain in the butt. I had to render my entire one hour timeline by small sections (typically 25-30 seconds) since I had a bad file and couldn't locate it. Because of it, I missed a few places where I needed to fix and edit and ran into a few other issues with videos that I was being sent to include in the production. Regardless, at the end of the evening, I was proud to have finished our first virtual production without a hitch (other than what I mentioned). We had about 100 people watching and unsure if there were some households watching from one stream. While I am not sure if the audio was lagging too bad, ultimately, it was the best case scenario. While I wanted to upload it to YouTube, I know the music would have caused me to have to delete the video, so ultimately, Zoom was the only choice. I wanted to give these seniors a proper send off and I am just hoping that this comes close to the real thing (although I know it will never replace it). Soon I will be writing their letters so they can have that personal message they normally would get at the banquet, but otherwise, tonight pretty much wrapped up the school year for me. I am so appreciative of the fact that I work with this program. Model UN is the reason why I started teaching and came to Cerritos and without it, I would not be here working at this wonderful school today. The students that have come out the program and amazing and I am always so proud of seeing all that they accomplish, whether I send them a message or not (please know that). I will continue to be so proud of them, as I know that they are truly making a difference in this world, both in person and even still, virtually. Congratulations again to the class of 2020! I have a lot of respect with how you dealt with all that went on and while disappointment may have existed, I know you made the most of the opportunities you had and will continue to do so into the future because you all are virtually amazing!


No comments:
Post a Comment