~:[CH9 - Day 158]:~ For What We Lack
I didn't have enough eggs, so my plans were destroyed. It happens. Often in life we discover what we are lacking, but do we simply let it all go to waste? No one has it all, even if it may seem so. The one with all the money may lack happiness or the one with all the skills may lack relationships or the one who is so joyous may lack opportunity. The list goes on and on. It's one of the reasons why we have each other. We find what we are lacking and find those who can fit as pieces to our puzzle. We want to have it all and do it all, but the reality is we need each other. These times are screaming this message - unity, support, together. We need people marching in the streets, we need our online reporters, we need the health care workers, teachers, law enforcement, military and government officials. Once again, the list goes on and on. As while there are problems in almost every system, it's because these systems are lacking and not working together. The Republicans must work with the Democrats, the law enforcement must work with the people, the government must collaborate with its citizens and the people must do their part to keep the stress off the health care workers. There are so many situations where we either lack the ability to do something or we have no control over it, that's exactly while we need to find common ground. We need to be willing to collaborate, cooperate, and communicate. We must not simply say that something is wrong, but figure out solutions to these problems. As I discovered my eggs were lacking, I thought, what else could I make that I was craving. I ended up with something that I hadn't planned on, but I worked with what I had and found a solution rather than complaining, tossing it all aside to give up on it. The people's voices have been heard and while we should still raise our voices, we also at some point must pivot and make it into something more. We must find a way to unite together, work together and understand each other so ultimately we can live with each other. I've been inspired and motivated by so many things I've seen posted and by all the things that people have done, at the same end, I worry when I see things that do the exact opposite; the leaders who spew non-sense and divisiveness, the opportunist who loot and vandalize to distract from the peaceful protests, the enforcement who continue to use force or those who have spewed hate instead of unity and progress. We have a long way to go. Legislation must be passed, education must occur, and people must buy in, but it won't happen unless we can find a way to do it together. I saw a graphic that talked about how we each have our own lane and in reality it's true. We each have our own role in this and during every step of the way, people need to step up, because soon it will be your calling when you fill the void of what is needed. Let's continue to raise our voices, but also let's look towards building a future where we find progress and unity. Some will say I am dreaming of a utopia, but there's no doubt in my mind that together, we've got what it takes. Even when the we don't have enough eggs, I know WE can make something that will satisfy this hunger that this movement has awoken.


No comments:
Post a Comment