Monday, May 23, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 143]:~ Chugging Along

 
~:[CH11 - Day 143]:~ Chugging Along

Survival. As we count down the number of days to the end of the school year, it seems like it's about survival. I know the students are hanging by a thread, but I am not sure that they realize that teachers are as well. However, we just keep chugging along hoping to make it to the finish line in one piece. I've actually been fine, but figuring out when to best do this and that has been the challenge. Today, I walked home during my off period and ran into the the two little ones cleaning up after our tree in the church parking lot. It's fun to spend my breaktime with them, even if it means I had to walk to avoid a parking fiasco when I returned. This testing schedule is almost done and while it may seem like it's not an issue for some classes, I teach all the way through the last day and so it's makes it a bit challenging to get everything done. I organized the folders for the track banquet, finished up the video for it, finished my senior award and printed fliers for MUN. I actually was ultra productive today which means the days ahead will hopefully be a little less crazy (I'm sure they won't be.). I think if I give people any life lesson, one of them would definitely be, just keep chugging along because as much as we may be overwhelmed, stress, or just burnt out, keeping ourselves in motion will make it much easier to start back up again. Just like in running, I may slow down to catch my breath, but I try to keep my body going to avoid cramping up. It may not work for everyone, but for me, coming to a standstill is just not an option I want to take and so I just keep chugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment