Saturday, October 1, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 274]:~ Dust it Off

 
~:[CH11 - Day 274]:~ Dust it Off

In high school, I was running on a trail and fell flat on my face. My camera was around my neck and I destroyed it. It was definitely embarrassing. Today. I was running to the next coaching spot and I fell again, face first into the dirt. I quickly got up and got to the spot on time. Years apart, I think experience helps us find a way to pick ourselves up when we stumble. For my freshman girls, this was the first race that we had a scoring team. They're talented, some improved and some got healthy. We weren't 100%, but still this was a first step in the right direction. Ultimately, my first freshman finished second despite going the wrong way a few times and being completely lost and our fifth girl crossed the line to give us a scoring five. Overall, we found a lot of progress in a season marred with sickness and some injuries. Regardless, we've stumbled out of the gates, but we've learned to pick ourselves up, dust it off and keep moving forward. It's hard to do when we face more serious falls and I know since I've had my shares, but although it takes a little bit more time and possibly a bigger towel, we'll shake it all off so we can start again. Although at the end of the day, we may feel like we're weighed down by the dirt and mud that covers us after a tough stretch, just know that under it all, we're still the same person underneath it all and most likely even stronger after carrying that weight on our shoulders. If you feel like you're covered in mud, just remember that and if you need help dusting yourself off, I'll be there with a brush and a towel ready to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment