
~:[CH11 - Day 281]:~ Planting the Seed
Yay, I finally had a Saturday without a cross country race, of course, it was because we were hosting our MUN Conference. I always enjoy this conference despite the stress of planning it all. While we leave much of the responsibility of planning with the students, just doing this and that always keeps us on our toes and the hard labor is exhausting, although I enjoy it as I feel like I worked hard. What I like most about this conference though, is that we begin planting the seeds for these Model UN students. I think as of late, the program is underrated by freshmen parents and students as there are a lot more attractive classes. However, I think in the long run, the students we get from the start are able to plant their seed early and find the growth that they can make over the course of their four years. The confidence I see grow within them, when they begin to open up more to each other, and just their knowledge and their ability to analyze information are part of the transformation I see as they progress through their four years. One of my IAs was one of those who made a huge transition and while he grew slowly his first few years, truly sprouted last year. I think as teachers, many of us are witness to that growth, but because we spend so much time with these students inside and outside of the classroom, I think we get an even greater opportunity to see this process and truly enjoy the fruits of our labor. I was exhausted by day's end, but I was also happy that if I spent my time working, at least it was something worthwhile. I look forward to what the future holds for this group of students, much like I have had with every group in the past and know that at some point, we'll see all the great things that will come out of the seed we've nurtured since day 1 this year.
Amazing job to all those who participated today and thank you to all those who helped make this conference possible!

No comments:
Post a Comment