Thursday, October 13, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 286]:~ It's Lit

 
~:[CH11 - Day 286]:~ It's Lit

It was a short turnaround. We were scrambling after finding out Tuesday that our rally would be Thursday. With a meet in between, there wasn't really time to prep. Amidst the chaos, I forgot that most of these athletes have never been in a rally due to the pandemic. As they ran out, they didn't toss the shirts and candy and when they finally did, they did it from the center, so it didn't go so far. Regardless, it was still an opportunity for them to receive a moment in the spotlight for all the work that they put in. The rally was a neon theme and I liked how they decorated it. Later that night, they had a neon dress theme for the game. Although I was planning on going, I laid down for a bit and woke up much later, missing the whole game. I found out later that they had won, plus I got a much needed rest. While I know that some of our athletes weren't happy with how things went with their rally, just the fact that they had the opportunity was lit. While we always hope that things will pan out perfectly, I hope we can still appreciate the moment and opportunity when they don't. Today definitely had its ups and downs, as I missed the game and the obstacles with the rally, but as I said, there are many moments, even as simple as they may be, that deserve the spotlight. Instead of focusing on all that went wrong, I'll definitely be focusing on what truly made this day lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment