
~:[CH11 - Day 302]:~ Every Second
Like the grains of sand at the beach, there are countless number of seconds in our lifetimes. Nobody counts their time in seconds, yet some don't realize how precious those seconds are. We were at the beach for practice when I got news from Itaewon. Just over a year ago, I wandered those same streets, taking photos of World Food Street and the surrounding areas when they area was empty. That night in that very area, people gathered in that area to celebrate, but sadly the night ended in disaster for so many. It's moments like these where these precious seconds become our reality. Many, especially those who are younger, think their time in this world is endless, however, we never know when our time on this earth will come to an end. We don't know if our seconds will be as endless as the beach or will be counted like grains in the palm of our hand. From disasters, accidents, natural causes and more, anything can cut our time on this earth short and so I hope we can treasure every little second we have knowing that it could be the final grain. After the run, it was a joy to watch the athletes run around and play around, enjoying the time they had together and making the most of every second they had and I hope that they realize just how precious each second of these moments are. In life, we never want to lose a loved one, but losing one in our lifetime is sadly inevitable. Thus, I hope we always keep in mind that instead of saying, I wish we had more time together, that we treasure every second we have and treat each grain of our day as a precious one.
I pray for all those who lost their lives and the others who suffered through the tragedy or lost a loved one. Sending my deepest condolences. Prayers for Itaewon.

No comments:
Post a Comment