Friday, July 11, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 192]:~ Reunited in a Distant Place

 

~:[CH14 - Day 192]:~ Reunited in a Distant Place


I've never been to Sendai, but I found myself heading on the shinkansen in that direction. It was cool to catch up with Kaoru Miyazaki after two years. Since the timing hasn't quite worked out, we've never been in the same spot at the same time. With her birthday premiere, I decided to make my way up north to catch it. She has one of the most powerful voices I've heard and I only wish I could hear her in a concert hall, as I always miss the timing for her main events. Regardless, it was nice to be among a small group enjoying the beautiful music that seemed to just run through my veins from the beautiful sounds of the guitar to her powerful voice. As we chatted, we realized this is the first performance I've been at in Japan, as the only other time was a shoot, but as I left, we promised that it wouldn't be the last. It's always strange that often times I will not see someone locally and reunite with them in a distance place, while in the case of many of the artists I take photographs of, it's often the opposite case. Regardless, for both at least one of us, we're meeting in a distant place.  Regardless of where we meet, however, I am just glad that we can make the connection and create a feeling that leaves us longing to connect again in the future. I look forward to where I will see you all next.


No comments:

Post a Comment