-106.jpg)
~:[CH14 - Day 246]:~ Blossoming
It wasn't the hottest day of the week, but it was quite warm. As I sat down to take pictures of the Homecoming premiere, I was touched when a student brought a fan for me and later on, they came with a cardboard box asking if I needed shade. It was a gesture that I hadn't received before, but made me appreciative of them. I appreciate all the work that they do and this was just above and beyond their call of duty. As I watched the premiere, I thought of the days when I was up in that front office and all the long hours we had to spend preparing for events like this. It's hard work and I am grateful that they continue to produce these types of events for the student body to enjoy. It's also cool to see my current and former students on stage and they truly blossom up there as I get to see them in a new light. With the theme around blossoms, it reminded me of the beautiful flowers of Japan and made me wish I could return soon. For now, I'll appreciate the blossoming of my students and see them grow in their own roles. I hope that each of them can find the path that best suits them and makes them happy, as while life is difficult, that effort pays off when you are there to witness the bloom.

No comments:
Post a Comment