.jpg)
~:[CH14 - Day 251]:~ The Steep Learning Curve
We are at that point in the year where the classroom lessons become a lot more challenging. The easy and chill environment becomes a little tougher for most, as they learn how to write their papers with the proper research. Some will breeze through the process, but most, like myself, will face their share of struggles. Some will try to take the shortcut and fail miserably, while others, will try to climb the obstacle ahead and fall short. It's okay. While it can be a challenge, when we keep pushing forward, we give our selves a chance to make that steep challenge ahead of us a little easier. Slowly, we can wear down what is difficult and make it feel a lot easier. It takes time, but if they keep at it, it will get easier and they will begin to realize that they can truly thrive. Often times, we're taught to teach at a level they can understand. It's true that we need to make sure that we reach out to those who need the help, but I also hope that we can challenge them, allowing them to realize that they can climb those steep obstacles ahead of them. It won't be easy and there will be moments where the rainclouds loom overhead, but with the right support and encouragement, they'll find their way through the storm and through the challenges that lay in their way. I made my way to practice afterschool and I kind of got the sense of this as I saw the largest group taking on the longest loop offered today. It was a nice mix of veterans and new athletes and I know that while they may not be the fastest athletes right, they are beginning to gain the confidence after they challenges the tough obstacles this summer, slowing building the strength and courage they need to overcome what they once thought impossible.

No comments:
Post a Comment