~:[CH4 - Day 338]:~ Perfectly Imperfect
After doing speeches in my senior class, we had a little preparation session in class. After that, I went on to talk to them about this book by Brene Brown, A little background about it is that I was looking for a book to read and stumbled across Brene Brown. My friend Kwiri's birthday was coming up and after some conversation, I felt that this book was a good match at the time, so I got it for her birthday. The inspiration mined from her reading it was amazing and it led to her sharing it with her friends and also sharing numerous clips and stories with me. The book has been such an amazing inspiration to me and has reminded me of a number of things including the unnecessary strives towards perfection. I really enjoyed how real she is and simply how she sees things. In class, I posed a number of "negative" posts such as, "I am going to fail ..." While it may not have seemed motivational, I added words to each such as "I am going to fail" ... "because I am going to test my limits so I can eventually find success" Pretty much, I flipped "negative" phrases to makes ones that would push people to do their best. As I left class, I felt that the students really began to think about their own lives and hopefully they can live a life where they are successful, but also able to embrace their own imperfections so they can live a wholehearted life! I left class so excited and happy for what's ahead and it didn't take too much time for me to enjoy what was ahead. We had a quick captain's meeting for cross country and claimed all my expiring reward at Yogurtland. Then I got a little more work done before heading to our game against Millikan. Their team was really fast, but our team handled the pressure and ultimately came out with a good win. We moved into the championship game tomorrow against Gahr. Our game wasn't perfect, but we accepted that and knew, we had things to work on, but were happy with the progress we were making as a team.


No comments:
Post a Comment