Saturday, December 19, 2015

~:[CH4 - Day 353]:~ A New Beginning

~:[CH4 - Day 353]:~ A New Beginning
Cold weather and storms were pending in the weather forecasts, but it did not affect us during the sale that we hosted, which was in our school's parking lot. Had it rained, it would have been a challenge, but someone made sure it held off for just the right amount of time before we were given the gift of rain, just what SoCal has been asking for. The sale is always crazy, but we were able to get things together and helped Stussy run a successful sale and they also helped out our program in the process. Not a bad deal! There were so many people at the sale and while we did not limit the amount of people we had in the sale, we could have with how many showed up. The line looped around the lot for the first three hours of the sale (we even opened 30 minutes early). In the end, cleanup took about two hours (less than expected) and we got the lot and the school cleaner than it was before we left. Our athletes did such a great job! After taking down the signs from the sale (I still have to get a few) in the rain, I headed home to get the gifts I wrapped the night before and headed to our captains dinner, which we had our old and new captains show up. I forgot their gifts at home, but at least I remembered my beautifully wrapped Secret Santa gift. When I drew the name, I knew I had to troll him and that I did. While eating, we traded gifts and it was great! It was actually the first time we did this so it was nice that it worked out. Well, that is until we got to my gift. I did the box in a box wrapping and also the saran wrap Skittles mixed with M&Ms before the real gift came. We ended the night with ice cream from the same place, BBQ night and it definitely is a great place to go, especially because they take reservations earlier in the day. I left BBQ night excited for this group who show a lot of potential. They have really bonded well together and while this is the youngest group we will be training (four freshmen, one sophomore), if they can do a good job, we will have great leaders for years to come. It helps that we have a strong senior core to guide them into next season. It was a great day and except for a slight sore throat, which I hope goes away, this was a great start to the vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment