~:[CH5 - Day 50]: ~ To Overcome
I woke up and was still sick. It's never nice to be sick, but somehow you manage. My classroom still was not usable so I ended up having class outside. It was a nice day out, so it ended up working out. I was able to get what I needed for the conference and felt better that I got that taken care of. As practice rolled around, however, I started to feel pretty sick. I almost decided not to go to the CIF game that evening I was feeling so bad, however, when stopping at TapEx, Grace told me to get Kumquat tea and magically, it worked. I overcame a lot of the problems holding me down and I felt good enough to go to the game. We drew a very good crowd at our game, filling both of our bleachers. It didn't look good early as they opened a double digit lead early, but we were able to close it down to six by the half. We pulled ahead and were able to hold off their attempts at tying up the game. As they took one last 3-point attempt to tie the game that fell short, the crowd stormed the court and the celebration ensued. It was a very dramatic win and victory for the team against a very good Northwood team who was ranked sixth in the final poll. Everyone was going out after the game, however, with the conference the next day, I turned in early, hoping to kick this cold.


Pretty exciting win!! Hope you're feeling better today!
ReplyDelete