Wednesday, January 10, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 10]:~ Tale As Old As Time

~:[CH7 - Day 10]:~ Tale As Old As Time
Many dream of a fairy tale ending, much like the set of Disney movies which included our theme, Tale as Old as Time, from the movie Beauty and the Beast. It was a fantastic premier put on by the sophomores with a beautiful backdrop and all. As I enjoyed a day that was full of feasts and great moments, I thought of how I don't need a fairy tale ending. I think we are so engulfed in these dream weddings, these dream vacations or dream (fill in the blank) that we lose sight of the fact that best things in life are often the simplest. Sure, it would be a dream to win the lottery and live a life where I didn't have to worry about money for the rest of my life, but I'm fine leaving that as a dream. Why? I appreciate what I have and I think that it already is a fairy tale lifestyle. Sure, I'm not going to own a building or even a house in my lifetime, I won't drive a fancy car and I won't end up marrying a movie star, but I'm perfectly fine with that. The truest tale that is old as time is simplicity. Two people who fall in love, the person who loves what they do and inspires others because of it, a family that sits around the dinner table or television and enjoys the evening together, these are the fairy tales. As much as we are inclined to make our world seem like a fairy tale through social media or how we strive to make it that way through what we flaunt around and who we chase after, ultimately, we must not forget that in reality, our fairy tale is right in front of our eyes. Strip away the castles and fancy clothes and you find two people falling in love, a family watching over them, and something as simple as the fate of two people coming together. I may never have my name on the Hollywood Walk of Fame or ever see myself on television, but there is no way that you can tell me that my life is not a fairy tale. As I snapped pictures and laughed the night way, I thought, how else would I enjoy living? There are still many things that I hope to do in my lifetime, however, chasing after a fairy tale (fill in the blank) is not one of them, as I don't have time to waste on that. I'll leave those dreams as dreams and focus on enjoying the simplest thing with the warmth of friends and family, in the goodness of a delicious home cooked meal, and in the satisfaction in knowing that I survived the day; that in itself is a dream come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment