~:[CH7 - Day 24]:~ The Superhero Classic
As we read comics about these superheroes doing amazing things, you overlook the small things that people do for you on the daily. From a loved one wishing you a good day when you leave, a nice, home-cooked meal, and even a note to get you through the day. On a day where the stress of finalizing grades is at a high, some comfort was found in my IAs who became the superheroes of my day. Amidst their own stress during finals, my IAs got together and were thoughtful in getting me a 1st semester gift. I never received something like this and so it completely caught me off guard and I loved it. However, the gift was not what was the best part, but the lovely note and the thought that they put into it. Honestly, I would have been fine with the note, as that is the piece that meant the most to me. As I look at the stash of letters and cards I have saved since I was young, I think about all the good times that I've had in my life. As while things in life may never happen like in the comics, we truly have superhero-moments every day of our lives if we are just willing to open up our eyes and look around. Today, my IAs were my superheroes. Thanks for making my story into the happiest of endings by swooping in and saving the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment