Monday, January 22, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 22]:~ A Labor of Love

~:[CH7 - Day 22]:~ A Labor of Love
Every year around this time, my time becomes so precious, as there is so much going on, Meeting after meeting, grill after grill, and project after project, I always feel as if I am trapped in a whirlwind. As I uploaded the 26 documents totaling over 500 pages, I took a deep sign of relief and smiled. While there is still some work to do in the form of corrections, the task is pretty much complete. As while some say I am crazy for spending the time that I do on this, it does tend to be a labor of love. Sure, I get paid for it, but all the extra time and effort is not work to me, but rather something that is quite enjoyable. To see the finished document makes me smile and provides me with the satisfaction that I completed it in conjunction with my students. After research and corrections, the final document is the reward and that is when you know you are doing what you love. I think that is definitely the goal for us all, to find what we love to do. While we may fall into situation where we have no choice in the matter, the reality is, we sometimes have to force the issue and take some risk to find our way down the path we want to go and while we may not all reach our dream, the path in getting there also has a value that no money can buy. Obviously, we all need a foundation and stability, but at some point, if you dread what you do every single day, maybe it's time to head towards the things that you love or at least find a place where you'll be free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment