~:[CH7 - Day 305]:~ Around the Track
Normally when we are talking about track, it's around the track and school and not a race car track, but today it was. After going over the CIF heats, I headed out to meet the team for our annual CIF Night on the Town. We always do an activity and this time, we jetted around the track. It was fun to watch the athletes, especially those who improved over the course of the three races, most of whom let go of their fears and just went after it. I guess it parallels racing a lot where you just need to take the plunge and hope things work out in the end. One of our athletes who was too short to ride in the adult race last year, ended up leading most of the race in her heat, finishing second in the end. I made it to the championship heat after winning my qualifying heat, but in pole position number three and getting taken out a few times, I ended up in seventh. I tried to make a furious comeback with a few 27 second laps (one that even qualified for the top 100 laps of the week and month), but in the end, it wasn't enough. Regardless, win or lose, I think we were all winners in the end, as we enjoyed each other's company and became closer as a team.


No comments:
Post a Comment