Wednesday, November 28, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 328]:~ It's Just Me

~:[CH7 - Day 328]:~ It's Just Me
For some reason, when I saw this photo, I thought of myself. Someone walking down a road alone, headed towards an uphill climb. I seem to head towards challenges that at times seem insurmountable and normally, I survive. Sometimes, it's logging thousands of video clips to make a video, reading through hundreds of pages of writing, or simply taking on a trek in a short amount of time that no one thought was possible. There are few that will travel down this road, but even if I have to travel it alone, I'm going to head straight down the road, without looking back. I think in life we need to do just that. We need to take in what we hear around us, but ultimately, allow ourselves to be ourselves. We need to be able to chose the roads we head down, even if it seems like they will be the most difficult. As I wandered up this very road, I was rewarded at the top with a view of the entrance to Valletta. Just as in life, when you're able to reach the top, there is something often awaiting you. Sometimes, it can be disappointing and not worth the effort, while in many cases, you're left with something so awe-inspiring that you're ready to do it all over again. There will be days where I don't take the challenging road, but after all the obstacles I've overcome and all the adventures I've survived, that insurmountable hill is but another climb to something greater that awaits me. One day I will slow down and that hill will turn into a mountain, but for now, I'll walk down this road, ready for whatever comes my way. It's just me and I'm just fine with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment