Tuesday, December 24, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 358]:~ Traditions Must Live On

~:[CH8 - Day 358]:~ Traditions Must Live On
It's up to us to keep traditions alive. For as long as I could remember, I was with my family on Christmas Eve. Whether it be a talent show or Bingo, door prizes or this year a gift exchange, I've been Blessed to spend this meaningful day with those who have molded me into who I am today and who have continued to love and support me for all my days. I can't remember the exact year I started in this role, but one of those traditions has been that every person present would have to meet Santa. In most cases, only the children see Santa on these holidays, but in our family, all guests come and sit with Santa. I love the fact that I get to greet each and every guest who comes and even gather those "first timers" and volunteers to be apart of our reindeer and elves. Just like my role, slowly I know that it will be the cousins job to keep these traditions alive and I am confidence in us that we can do so. There are a lot of cool and interesting things that I have done in my life, however, none will ever match our family celebrations which are the core of who I am. If I could only live one day in a single year, this would be the day I choose. As aside from the giving that we get to do, I get to spend time with the amazing people who are the most precious in my life. As while I thought the heat may be from the layers that I wore, it may have just been the fire in my heart, burning with love because all of those precious people around me - my family. Wishing you all the most wonderful of holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment