~:[CH9 - Day 190]:~ Nightmare on Trump Street
As I hear the information come on about the reopening of schools, I wonder how we got into this mess. I understand that a pandemic is unpredictable. We obviously could have responded better. However, how do you now go and say, "school[s] must reopen, they must be fully operational," when the pandemic numbers are rising? States like Florida and Texas have numbers that are out of control and growing, while California is still facing it's share of problems. One of the speakers on the task force said we have to look into the impact on children, saying they don't even have all the data to show that it's safe. I would be fine with reopening, hybrid or regular, if there was a solid plan and the cases were under control, but we don't have a bubble to control all. Children may not have been impacted as much, but there are students with underlying conditions and if they contract it, the effects could be long term on their body even if they recover. However, teachers and staff are also vulnerable as well as those who they go home to. I am open to going back under the right conditions (I am eager to get back to the classroom when it's safe), but to put a blanket statement of, you're going back whether you like it or not, especially when funding is an issue, boggles my mind. We already knew about DeVos and Trump, but every time we don't think it can't get any worse, Those who continue to allow this to happen are enablers! There have been so many issues of late that have crossed the line and very few around him have taken the RESPONSIBILITY to condemn him for it. While a few are slowly starting to back away from Trump, it's not okay just to hide, but you must step forward. The more you let him get away with things, the harder it will be to stop him later. We already are living in a nightmare, but it's all our job to raise our voices so this nightmare cannot get any worse.


No comments:
Post a Comment