Friday, September 4, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 248]:~ I'm Human, Are You?

~:[CH9 - Day 248]:~ I'm Human, Are You?
Life is difficult and I think that we make it more difficult on ourselves. The hate that surrounds us is immense. I am lucky that I am surrounding by a group of people who are loving. I am grateful every time I think about all the wonderful people around me, including my incredible athletes and students. However, as I look beyond, there is also so much hate out there in the world. Peoples' eyes and ears are closed to those around you and then open their mouths only to say what they believe. It's fine to believe what you want and even speak about what you want, but also look at all sides before you take your position and more importantly, treat those around you with respect. There are no sides in humanity. We are bound to make mistakes and I hope people understand that. Who we were, doesn't have to be who we become. Hope people can understand that as well. People can learn, grow and change, that's apart of life. However, those who stay in the same cycle of hate and disdain are those who we need to move past. You will not agree with me on everything and I with you (and maybe on most things), but really there is something that we should agree upon, that we should each try to treat each other with respect. I know 2020 has been quite the emotional roller coaster. Let's try to wipe our slates clean, take a step back and say, what do I need to change. For me, I know in my class, I will learn to have more patience and do a better job of trying to understand the students point of view. In our training before school started, we had an amazing speaker who reminded us that our perceptions of people are not always the truths we believe. It is my goal to make sure that I see their perspective as much as possible. It's a difficult time, but lets keep our eyes and ears open, keep an open mind, and open up our heart to share with those around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment