~:[CH9 - Day 267]:~ Power Chat
I am always overjoyed because I know that on the daily, I get to hear the voices of the many future leaders and trailblazers of this world. The confidence, knowledge and skills that Model UN students leave with open doors that may not have been opened before. Granted, I work with some of the best students on campus, but even then, I get to see them learn and grow. We held our first training specifically for the fall conferences and it was quite impressive. Just letting the students run their training and not having to say much is the best feeling in the world as an educator. I got to hear similar powerful voices, including one that was previously in Model UN (Chelsea Clinton). As I listened to Olivia Fierro (Good Morning Arizon), Maia Shibutani and Chelsea Clinton talk back and forth about their books, about sports and the Olympics and about the importance of woman defining their roles and setting their own norms, I was inspired. With the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I felt it was even more of a reason that women needed to make an even greater push towards eliminating any of the biases against them. Clinton's book revolves around the stories of women in sports who broke down barriers and Ginsburg did just that. It's a time where all people need to become more aware and raise their voices, as all this time we've prepared ourselves for this moment. In our current state of affairs, we find ourselves failing in so many areas and in danger of a complete removal of our voices and rights. Just like so many groups of people had to rise up against the discrimination and boundaries that limited them, we also must also keep those boundaries from boxing us in. We have the power and we have the voice, but we have to use it and listening to all of these power chats today, it reminded me that we have what it takes, but we just have to not be afraid of this challenge. I am grateful for the wisdom and inspiration and hope that we all can find our voice, as our future really depends on it. Most importantly, don't forget to register to vote! It's the greatest way to amplify our voices.


No comments:
Post a Comment