~:[CH9 - Day 275]:~ Do Your Part
I hate it. When I am walking around especially when it's hard, it's not easy to wear a mask, but I do it. I do it because if I have it, I don't want to spread it to others and also to protect myself so I don't spread it to those around me. There's absolutely no way you're going to stop it from infecting you, but you can try to do all you can so you can slow it down. If we had all bought in awhile ago, we would have slowed this virus like many other countries around the world. Australia for instance had about 900 deaths. Sure it's an island nation, so let's take a country who started with staggering numbers because they used massive testing and contact tracing, South Korea. Their issues lined up with our timeline and while their initial numbers were staggering due to high testing, they current stand at 23k cases and 416 deaths and life there is somewhat back to normal. Sure the survival rate here in the US is high, but how many of those will live with issues for the rest of their lives and how many will do worse and pass on those symptoms to others like we saw this evening. Mocking someone for wearing a mask and denying that they are effective is what got us so deep, so maybe we can make an attempt at doing it. The sooner we do it, the less time we are impacted by this virus. Listen to those who guide us with the scientific knowledge to back it up rather than those who politicize our lives. Go out, do your shopping or stop by here or there if need be, but be sure to wear that mask and distance yourself. I know that for some, your lives have been turned upside down and that your financial status is in limbo, but the sooner you get on board, the sooner we all move forward. I hate teaching from home, which is why it makes we more frustrated when people fight the very thing that can help us move along. Most of us won't get it and if we do, most of us won't die from it, but does that mean we just throw the vulnerable into a "Hunger Games;" a game of survival? Some of the biggest anti-maskers have caught this virus and because of it, more of us are at risk. As restrictions ease, do what you need to do to keep yourself mentally healthy, but also do so in a way that is safe and if you don't care if you catch it, fine, but don't risk the health of those around you. Wear that mask and social distance. Even if you do everything, there's no guarantee you won't catch it, but can't we at least put the odds in our favor? I know times are tough, but let's find a way to get through this together. This virus knows no party, no position of power, and it does not discriminate, as it will pounce on anyone when it gets the chance. Please let's do our part. Stay safe and stay health.


No comments:
Post a Comment