~:[CH9 - Day 296]:~ The Simple Things
Quality Time. I've stated it time and time again, it's been the best thing about the pandemic. Simply being able to spend time with my parents and embrace them more has been the biggest blessing of the pandemic. Even if I was away, I would make no other choice than to stay with them, as the time with them is more valuable than anything else. Today we played with Maui Max and it was so wholesome. Running up and down the block, playing in the front and back yard and just laying around. Similarly in cross country, I think simply having time to just get to know each other was a benefit to the team. A little time to chat with each other and meet new team members. Sure, they need to talk more, but if they don't get the chance, they never will. These are the simplest things that make these days bearable. It would be easy to say I should lock myself away from everyone, but ultimately, our sanity is maintained by relying on each other. Even after this is all said and done, let's not forget that it's these simple things that make our world go round and we should make them the special things we never forget to treasure.


No comments:
Post a Comment