Wednesday, October 28, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 302]:~ Daydream

 

~:[CH9 - Day 302]:~ Daydream

Yesterday I talked about focus, today I'll talk about daydreaming. It's definitely hard to stay on top of it every day or even on consecutive days. So many dynamics play into if you can stay focused through a day and have a good one, however, is it wrong to let your mind wander when you're still getting your work done. My answer, definitely not! Daydreaming in my opinion is what makes you more productive. It stimulates your imagination and drives your creativity. As I sit towards an end of a class, I might think, what can I cook for lunch? As I begin prepping for class, I can think about the design for the project I am working on. During a faculty meeting, maybe my mind wanders to a magical world with no time schedules (I still was incredible productive.) The reality? You need to get your stuff done. Don't be that slacker that makes others pick up the work. However, if you need to take a short vacation from reality just to get your mind refreshed, you actually might find that you're more focused after that instead of stressing yourself out trying to get it all done. Often times, instead of daydreaming, I find the hobbies and interests I find therapeutic, but sometimes, the daydream is what keeps me productive. In fact, sometimes it leads to me to do more than I ever realize, as I wonder how I got it all done (the quality is still there too!). Life has a laundry list of things we need to accomplish on a day-to-day basis, but it's all worthless when we forget to keep dreaming at night, but also during the day. Let's never forget to dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment