
~:[CH9 - Day 343]:~ Escape from Reality
In these tough times, we all need an escape from reality. Whether it's Netflix, a book, a pet, or even just some quiet time meditating, we all find a way to take ourselves away to ease our minds. For me, often times, driving can do that. Not necessarily driving through traffic, but taking the car and finding a place where I can safely explore. While today was not an adventure like that, in a drive thru event, I got a moment of it seeing the city from a perspective you rarely see. With a beautiful sunset sky, the city had a glow as I passed by a hanging tree. For a moment I was taken away on that very escape and it made me forget about all the struggles around me. Each of us face these struggles daily and while it's easy to be overcome by the weight of it all, take some time to find your escape. I try to encourage my students to do the same and I hope that we all can ease our minds on a regular bases. While we may not be able to go very far, it doesn't mean we cannot take our minds and wander off on a brief adventure away from our current realities.

No comments:
Post a Comment