~:[CH11 - Day 257]:~ The Battle
I packed my van and it was completely full. It's weird to have seen it as I felt as if I wouldn't need as much for this meet. I was wrong .We finished setting up the course and got to the course to battle. The past few days was message after message about athletes either being out due to injury or illness. The issue mostly hit my girls team as I lost two varsity athletes initially, then one replacement, then another replacement at the very last minute. On top of it all, we were out a chunk of our JV team. Regardless, they still fought hard as our JVs finished second, our boys surprised and had a chance, keeping it close in third, while the girls had a freshmen step up as they took the win. It was a very chaotic day as I sprinted home, unloaded and loaded my car getting ready for tomorrow's trip. I came home after a quick dinner fairly exhausted and just hoped to be injected with the energy I need for the long haul tomorrow. I'll sleep well, as while we may not have pulled the big upset, I can sleep being proud of the effort this group put forward today as they truly battled.

No comments:
Post a Comment