
~:[CH11 - Day 265]:~ Staying Connected
I'm not the best at staying connected. With days full of messages and notifications piling in, messages get pushed to the background and even when I mute conversations, I still can get a pile of messages and then forget to respond, even ones I wanted to respond to. It's always nice, however, when you can stay connected with people despite all the amazing amount of messages. I guess in the end you have to select a handful of message that get pushed to the forefront for one reason or another. It was great to be able to have a nice dinner with these two. It was weird to think about how it's been awhile since we ate out together even though before it was so regular. It happens a lot as alumni, coaches and friends come and go as we get busy with other things. Those connections you have get stretched like a rubber band and they either snap or retract back every once in awhile. I'm glad these connections retracted as even on a night where we had to scramble to find a place to eat before closing, we still enjoyed it, chatted and reminisced. I may never get better at responding to messages regularly, however, I'm hoping that even with the time between messages sent, that with all those who I hold dear to my heart we can stay connect for many years and decades to come. As while we may no longer see or talk to each other every day, the times we do become even more special.

No comments:
Post a Comment