With school starting early, our annual bike ride to the beach was a week earlier. It also meant that the day we were supposed to go ended up during the US Open of Swimming. Our typical destination would be swarming with people which would mean, no parking and crowded beaches & restaurants, thus we took a detour and ended up at Seal Beach instead. It brought back memories of our first bike ride where we didn't really know where we were going. One of my athletes asked if we could bike to the beach and so I obliged and it started this biking tradition. In life, we take detours like this. Our destination may not be ideal, so we find a place that is suitable. In this case, it actually worked out nicely as the bike ride was not as arduous and the beach wasn't too crowded. I felt like we were able to do just as much, if not more, than we did on our usual route. The day definitely took a lot out of me, but I also rested well knowing that we had accomplished another successful outing. I was a bit sad to realize that we were closing in on the end of the year, but at least I know we're making the most of the days that we have left. What's the best detour you've taken in your life?
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment