Tuesday, August 22, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 234]:~ Surviving on Fumes

 
~:[CH12 - Day 234]:~ Surviving on Fumes

My body and mind were both exhausted from the weekend. The first few weeks of the year are always pretty tough because I am in the middle of getting slammed with planning and events. The beginning of the year itself is difficult enough, but with resetting up the room from scratch, the numerous events, coming off of summer, the Great Cow Run plus our season trip, it all just feels like a whirlwind. Strangely enough, mother nature brought us a storm that just missed us, which may have been good, as it may have added another thing to this plate that is already overloaded. I was supposed to drive out to LA for another event tonight, but I decided that I should just throw in the towel and stay in and get some work done. In the end, it ended up being a wise decision. I wrapped up our season theme design, I finished processing the KCON videos (not photos though), I did a little Cow Run work including finishing up the orders for the event and then took care of a few classroom matters. In the end, one cancelation led to a mountain of things I accomplished and it left a little fuel in the tank to survive the rest of the week. As I think about our cross country theme this year, I think about the fact that many times in life we live in a cycle, but every once in awhile, we face a path that travels into the unknown. As while it may seem like these are the times where we are most likely to fail, it's actually the place where we are most likely to find ourselves and emerge stronger than ever before. As life puts us in these challenging situations, think not of what could go wrong, but rather, what can I do to grow through the challenges ahead. It will not always be easy, but that's exactly why these times present the best opportunity to shine. Let's shine as we head forward knowing that we have what it takes to overcome the unknown territories ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment