
~:[CH12 - Day 217]:~ The Insurmountable
Sometimes in life, we see an obstacle in front of us and immediately give up. I see it regularly with students and need to encourage them to give it a shot. They won't always succeed no matter how much encouragement I give or how much work they put in, but not backing down from that challenge is the best prize they can earn. For all of us, I think we're similar. As we drove up to sand hill (as we call it), the reaction to those who never have been is always the same, "we have to run up that, no way!" Can you think of a time where you said that exact thing? The doubts that plague our mind never really disappear in our lives as we face things that seem insurmountable. Sure, we do get stronger over time, but I think that even adults need a little reminder that we are capable and we shouldn't be afraid to try something new. Yes, it will take time and effort plus it will not guarantee success, however, the fact that you face up to that challenge is definitely a win and deserves just as much recognition as reaching that goal. We have it in us to overcome something that seems insurmountable and even if we can't, we should proudly walk away knowing we did our best.

No comments:
Post a Comment