
~:[CH12 - Day 342]:~ Not Time to Celebrate ... Yet
I walked into the office and saw it all festively decorated. I love to see it. However, for me, this definitely is not the time to relax or celebrate, yet. As the year closes, I always am focused in on getting everything done for the banquet. It's definitely can get overwhelming from all the ordering to the designing and editing that goes on. On top of it all, typically all of the planning for our junior and senior MUN trip falls around the same time. When my computer was transferring or rending, I made calls, wrapped up reservations and got one thing after another checked off. It was definitely hard to focus in on working, but I was able to finish up the photo montages, get everything ordered, and finish up the intro and credits. With all that taken care of, the bulk of the video still needs to be finished and my focus will be on just that. I think many people are in the same boat. As we approach the holidays, as much as we want to be festive and celebrate, we have to decorate and prepare, shop and wrap, and take care of this and that. It's definitely a stressful time of year for us all and I hope we take a quick pause in the middle of it all, give ourselves a break, but also remind ourselves what we are doing this all for. For the banquet and MUN, all this work is worth seeing the joy on their faces as they get to enjoy all the work put into the event or traveling planning. For the holidays, I know that it's worth it when we sit down to spend time with our families and see the amazing moments we get to share together. So while it may not be time to celebrate as we work through all the things on our checklist, I hope we see the light at the end of the tunnel as good times are coming our way soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment