Monday, December 25, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 359]:~ The Value in Words

 

~:[CH12 - Day 359]:~ The Value in Words

I watch those car commercials during the holidays and wonder, who would ever ... There's nothing wrong with gifting someone a car or something similar for the holidays, but in my lifetime, it's probably not something I would do. Even if my wealth increased and it became affordable, it may not be the choice I make for the holidays. While these grand gifts may seem fabulous, I've always cherished the thoughtful and sentimental gifts. The photobooks, frames, and of course, the handwritten messages. I got a few wonderful messages this year that I will truly treasure and while I will tuck them away and not see them for sometime. I hope that they realize that all these messages I receive, I keep close to my heart. In reality, I actually have rarely thrown away a card or a letter. I have a suitcase (literally) full of cards, letters, and other memories that I hope to treasure forever. Sadly, I know that some of these things will fade over time, but the reality is, they will not fade from my memory. That car may eventually break down, be traded in and the like, however, the value of those words will outlast that car and it's value and meaning will be greater in ten or twenty years. Life has taught me the value of looking past receiving any gifts and rather look forward the the wonderful messages, gestures, time and love that we receive during the holidays. While economic challenges may limit what we can give out during the holidays, I hope that we realize that there are still things we can give to those around us that will be of great value and may even be just the thing that they need during this holiday season. Instead of just focusing on the gift wrapping, let's be sure to wrap our arms around those we love and share the spirit of the holidays with each other. Happy Holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment