With just one day to go, I feel a bit more pressure as typically I have time to work through the morning until the start of banquet. This year, I couldn't afford to take a day off as there was a lot I needed to cover before finals. Thus, my deadlines moved to tonight. I made great progress through the video, but as I was on the final song, I kept running into issues (as expected) and had to reset between events. I figured out a solution fairly quickly and it ended up going pretty smoothly. I packed up the packets, wrapped up the videos and prepared all the backups. I was still waiting on two packages to arrive, but besides that, everything seemed in order. It's always a little stressful not knowing if you forgot something, but I went over things in my head to ensure that I had all the bases covered. For many of us, that D-1 day is often more stressful that the actual day as it's the final prep. By this point, it's typically too late to order something from Amazon and sometimes too late to pick it up, so you deal with the stress of figuring it out. I feel a bit anxious as things went too smoothly this year, but who knows, maybe I just figured it out and my tech actually liked me this year, Regardless, it was a bit late before I turned it, but glad I am able to get some sleep before the big day. All the prep has finally finished and now it's time for the big day. How do you normally deal with the stress of D-1?
Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment