~:[CH13 - Day 313]:~ You'll Find a Spot
After a long conference day, I drove out to BMO for the Seventeen concert. I did a quick search, but decided to wing it for parking. I arrived early, but my early attempts at parking were fails. I thought I had something, but it never panned out and I wasn't confortable with the street parking I found and thus I decided, maybe I'll just go home, as it was already past the start time. As I did, I decided to make a U-turn and ended up in the perfect spot. That's life. When times are tough and you feel like you've exhausted all options, you find your spot. Even when you don't, you can move on knowing you did what you could or what you were willing to do. For many of my students, a future in politics or international relations may not be in their cards, but similarly, their experiences may allow them to gain experience, find the path right for them, or even find their spot in life. In the end, I quickly headed to the stadium via a bike taxi, found a shorter line for security, and sat down just as the concert started, as they were delayed due to the long lines. Tonight, I found my spot and I wish you the best as you search for yours. Never forget that even when life feels hopeless and you feel lost and turned around, sometimes a change of environment or route may be the way to go, as sometimes it's not that there's not a spot for you, but that the spot is located where you least expect it.


No comments:
Post a Comment