
~:[CH13 - Day 323]:~ Inside These Walls
There's a lot of chaos outside these walls. With so much going on around the world, it's easy to go crazy. There's so many things I wish I could fix with the stroke of a wand. As much as we want to change about the world around us, we can also make sure we make the life within these walls as best as possible. With a full slate today, I was stressing out about how I would get everything done, but I kept myself level-headed and sane and things turned out well. After dealing with some issues in the morning, I headed to work, remembering to bring my cameras for the fall concert. It was great to see a crowd gathered in this space. It was different than normal, but different isn't always bad. The students enjoyed the concert and the students performing seemed to come alive as well. I think it was great to see them get out of their comfort zone and provide an experience for themselves, along with the others who came to enjoy the concert with them. I ventured off to run errands as I prepared for tomorrow's soup kitchen in the limited time I had. I was planning not to make anything due to tomorrow's schedule, but I jumped all in and had to run around during my break to ensure I had what I needed. After dance practice, I stopped by home and grabbed everything I needed for the basketball media day. After snapping those photos, I ventured to Han Yang for a meet up to finish off the night. Within the walls of my own world, I kept things busy, but also sane. Despite the chaos of the world, I was able to ensure that everything inside the walls of my world, things were settled. It was busy, but it was also fruitful. I didn't ignore the problems that are outside these walls, but I hope we understand that if we want to fight a battle outside of these walls, we must first take care of what's inside. Take care of what you need to take care of, then address what you feel needs to be addressed. An alumni of mine keeps speaking up against all the atrocities happening around us and I took will begin to raise my voice more and take an active stands against all that is wrong in this world that we can fix. However, before I can do that, I'll be sure to take care of what I need to inside these walls. Be an activist, be a voice, do what you need to do, but remember to ensure that the first battle you must focus on winning is inside these walls, not just for yourself, but for all those who are impacted by all the good work that you do.

No comments:
Post a Comment