Sunday, January 12, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 12]:~ Value

 
~:[CH14 - Day 12]:~ Value

I've always liked coins. I saved all the "special" coins I received from bicentennial quarters, silver coins, half dollars and more. While some people didn't look at their coins, I looked at them meticulously and set aside the ones I wanted to keep. To me it was valuable and thus, I treasured them. As we look at the disasters on going in LA, it makes you think about the value of the things you have. Sadly, many people had to quickly decide what was of most value and take those things with them before they left the house. For many, when they went back to their homes, everything that they didn't take was gone forever. Some of those things can be replaced, but what are those things that cannot be replaced? I hope that in general, we can see all the things we value most and appreciate them more. Many times, it takes a disaster for us to do that, but it doesn't have to be that way. Whether it's photobooks, memorabilia, or something else, I hope we can treasure those things we have while we have the opportunity to. Similarly, I've loved to see the outpouring of support in these tough times, I feel like people have unified to survived together, a feeling I've felt myself in the past. However, I hope that on a regular basis, we can be more unified, more caring, and more thoughtful. Many around me already are, but still yet, can we put down our guard a bit and allow for more connections and set aside those things that divide us. For me, I think I want to definitely use this time to truly evaluate what I value in life and hope that I can realign and reorganize to ensure that what I value the most is treated as such more regularly. My heart breaks as I hear all the stories coming out of this disaster, but only hope that we can all come out of this stronger and wiser. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to all those affected and my deepest appreciation for all those who have valued humanity, whether you're out there on the frontlines fighting the fires or volunteering, spread the word on how you can help or get help, or even if you're sending your thoughts and prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment