~:[CH14 - Day 9]:~ Overcoming the Haze
I know that everyone felt the difficulty as the walked around as the ash swirled in the air. For me, it was a bit hard to focus knowing the challenges that some were facing nearby. As I heard back from those I knew in the affected areas, I was a bit relieved to know of how they were doing okay, while I read about stories of others who were not. Even when you are not directly affected, when you know how close all of this is happening to you, it definitely impacts you. As while it may have been difficult to focus, it was nice to have our annual simulation as we discussed government with our philosophers. We delayed it until after break so we didn't rush it before finals and it was a smart decisions. I think it was nice to have a little fun with history to ease everyone's mind and allow them to focus a bit. With many accents through the day, it was enjoyable to see them argue their points and do their best to represent their characters. At the end of the day, our practice was canceled due to the conditions so we wrapped up our meeting and I went home to relax a bit. I was planning on having a meeting later this evening, but decided to just sit back and relax a bit to unwind from an exhausting week, but today was just what I needed to help me overcome the all that was going on this week. With all my tasks completed for the week, I am glad that I will be able to ease my way into the weekend and play a little catch up on the work that I missed as I find my way through the haze. I took one last look at the sunset before heading back inside as the red sun set in the hazy horizon. I keep hoping that eventually the skies will clear as that will mean the threats that exist now will disappear and the process of recovery can begin. As while it may not happen overnight, I know that together, we can help guide each other as we make our way through the haze.

No comments:
Post a Comment