~:[CH14 - Day 16]:~ Warmth
It's been a little chilly. It's the time of year I can't walk outside without my jacket. It's probably because I was born and raised in LA. It made me think that I should take this time to make soup to have a warm option when I get home. I made Zuppa Toscana. The warmth of a meal is quite soothing. It made me think of the warmth that is provide with family, friends, and the comfort of home. Sadly, I know a lot of people around me have lost this comfort we often take for granted. From lost loves one to the loss of their homes, many lost that warmth they had. A bowl of soup is pretty simple, but the warmth it provides is immeasurable. Similarly, coming home daily and seeing your family and friends may be so commonplace, but these past few weeks have been a reminder to me that I must pay greater attention and appreciation for the all these things that seems so commonplace, as they are truly what brings warmth into our lives and are the actual most special things in our lives. I continue to feel for those who are suffering and hope that the warmth they once knew will soon return to their lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment