Friday, July 4, 2014

~:[CH3 - Day 185]:~ Celebrating the Red, White & Blue

~:[CH3 - Day 185]:~ Celebrating the Red, White & Blue
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to wake up when my alarm sounds at 4:30am, but I was wide awake after a surprisingly solid sleep last night. I darted out the door and headed to the La Palma Fitness Run 4 Fun. Two of my boys finished 2nd (alumni) and 3rd (sophomore) overall in the 10km and had a female athlete finish third in her division in the 5km. Afterward, I stopped off at the Towne Center after running some errands to get some much needed milk tea. In doing so, I ran into an alumni Mark who filled me in on all he's been up to as we caught up on a number of things from the past. It was great to have a decent conversation that ended up being about an hour. I headed home and forced myself to take a quick nap, which I really didn't need at the time to ensure I'd stay up until the fireworks. It was great catching up with the fam bam, some alumni and students at the 4th of July carnival, and watch the fireworks light up the sky. While this was my first full day back, I didn't feel the jet lag, but I guess only time will tell if I am in fact impacted by it. Let's see if I can wake up in the morning! To our wonderful nation and my beautiful dog JD, I wish you happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment