Sunday, May 20, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 140]:~ 24 Hours ... Almost

~:[CH7 - Day 140]:~ 24 Hours ... Almost
I sit here writing on 23rd hour of this trek, almost reaching a full 24 hours from wake up to return. As I headed out at about 3:30am to the airport, I thought about how exhausted I would be tomorrow at work, but it did not deter me. Everything had fallen into place, from getting the offer for the opportunity, the low-cost flight, and even the earlier than expected start time played to my favor. I probably could have flown out later, but I may not have had the opportunities I did, had I not. I ventured to Pioneer Courthouse Square and wandered before hitting up the Japanese American Historic Plaza which led me to the Oregon Nikkei Legacy Center. It was an unexpected visit but I was so glad to have the opportunity to add on to my collection of interment materials. I wandered through the Saturday Market before heading to the Chinese Garden where I ended up catching a performance of the Japanese koto. It was gorgeous, especially in the setting that it was. From there, it was time for the purpose of my trip. I've been around ice skating since I was small, almost from the time that I could walk. While I never progressed far into the ranks, the skills I learned at least allow me to entertain on the ice now. It's no wonder why the ice dancing pair, the Shib Sibs really capture my hearts every time they dance. I love their energy and spirit on the ice, which captivated the audience, including me. I'm always so awkward meeting people in these types of settings and as usual, left a bit of an awkward impression. Regardless, all the performers were amazing and made me appreciate the fact that I took this leap to try and do this in 24 hours. Despite a later than expected departure, I made my flight by Ubering instead of taking the Max and even had enough time for a quick bite to eat. I'm known for taking these types of crazy turnarounds, but for those who ever doubt that this is possible, just realize how much you can actually do in a day. The song that talks about the 525,600 minutes in a day (Seasons of Love) really sums it up for us. There's always enough time, we just have to be willing to treasure everyone of those minutes. If you haven't done it yet, let's get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment