~:[CH7 - Day 146]:~ Reaching the Peak
Mt. Everest may be the best example, however, in even a situation like Dragon's Back, just because you reached the peak once, does not mean you'll reach it again. It's a lesson for life. Often times, I say and I hear it said, "I will do it next time." Sadly, we never really know if that next time will ever come. Tomorrow is never guaranteed nor is the ability to do what you've done in the past. I've began to see that I must take the opportunities presented to me and make the most out of them. I know eventually, I will not be able to do what I am now, so I have take the opportunities I have and tried not to say next time. Similarly, I have tried to push myself out of complacency assuming that things will happen and while that is a bigger fight, I still have maintained focus in many of the most important facets of my life. We have responsibilities to take care of and I've know that throughout my whole life, but at some point, you must make the most of the opportunities while you can. Whether it's something new or something you want to continue accomplishing, keep doing it while you're able so that you don't regret it when you're not able to. It could be some thing as simple as an I love you or as complex as a trip to some exotic place, however, just because you had the chance once, does not mean you'll have it again. How long will you put it off and allow yourself to procrastinate? Look at it closely and if it truly a priority in your life, start planning today so that you don't regret it tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment