Monday, May 28, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 148]:~ Breathtaking Moments

~:[CH7 - Day 148]:~ Breathtaking Moments
There are moments in life that just seem to take your breath away. Sometimes it's when you see something amazing and spectacular, when you accomplish something you never thought you would, or just because. You can't always guess when these moments will come and you may never know when they will go away. When these moments come, take advantage of them, soak them in and put down what you're doing. As I jumped from attraction to attraction at Disneyland Hong Kong, I rushed to get to the next to maximize my day, yet began to realize that I missed the opportunity to soak it all in. We often try to make the most of our days, to make them efficient and the such, but there also comes a point where this efficiency makes us rush through those moments we should be treasuring. I slowed down and realized what I had been missing. As I took my final stroll through Hong Kong, I continued to slow down as I soaked in the skyline, allowing myself to be taken away. This pause allowed me to etch into my mind something a picture could never capture and I'm fine with that, because while a picture speaks a thousand words, a breathtaking moment like this will last a lifetime. A baby's first words, reaching that all-important goal, the beautiful view, or a moment with someone special ... don't allow these breathtaking moments to slip away. Slow down, soak them in and etch them into the walls of eternity within yourself. Keep it ever-present in your mind in your mind, close to your heart and one with your soul. Don't think about the next time you'll breathe again, rather, just enjoy the fact that your breath was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment