~:[CH7 - Day 184]:~ Slipping Through Your Fingers
I woke up early in the morning and timing worked out that I was able to watch Japan's World Cup game before my flight. Since I was catching a flight to Tokyo, there was a huge contingent of Japanese watching the game with me so early in the morning. Amazingly, Japan jumped out to a 2-0 lead, however, the skill of Belgium and some defensive breakdowns allowed them to come back and win in the last minute. I was hoping for at least a shootout, but left on my flight disheartened. It was a loss that will sting for awhile. I guess life is like that. Just when you think you have something, it slips through your fingers. It disappears and you are left heartbroken. It's apart of life. Life is a roller coaster. The ups and downs of life are common and if you don't allow yourself to give up and keep a positive attitude, then you still have a chance to get back up so you are ready to take on the world. I love to surround myself who have that same positive attitude as while they may not have the words for you after a great disappointment, their positive actions and spirit is what is going to lift you up and allow that moment that your victory slipped through your fingers to become a mere memory. Tomorrow, the pain will probably still be there and the memory will still linger, but slowly, their support will lift you up and leave that moment in the shadows. I am proud of you team Japan and your effort and while you my be disheartened, tomorrow is another day. Gaman!


No comments:
Post a Comment