Thursday, July 26, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 205]:~ A Meal to Celebrate

~:[CH7 - Day 205]:~ A Meal to Celebrate
It was fun to watch the athletes celebrate a job well done. It's tough to run period, but to race in the warmer temperatures made it tougher. Luckily, it cooled off a bit before the races began. We collected a number of medals, but my favorite part of the day was just seeing everyone together. The battle for the last dumping (Kung Fu Panda) was fun to watch as the freshmen say who could take it. I was exhausted by the end of the day, but all the energy I spent was worth it. The sport takes a lot of time and a lot of energy, but it's moments like these that keep me wanting to do it. I always say that when the team doesn't show the dedication that I am looking for, the extra effort we hope for and the unity that we come to expect as an ohana, that's when it's time for me to retire. Whenever that moment comes, these are the moments that I will cherish the most. The titles and accolades are great to have, but the true reason we celebrate is because we are together.

No comments:

Post a Comment