~:[CH8 - Day 183]:~ The Interconnectivity of Life
The artist Shiota Chiharu had her work the Soul Trembles on display at the Mori Art Museum. It was quite the magnificent display to look at, as the massive interconnectivity of the piece across the room is mind-boggling. Of course, while the piece may be aesthetically pleasing, it also leaves you in deep though. The work is suppose to evoke emotion and as I looked at the piece, it made me think about how our lifelines become so interconnected to the world around us. I saw the veins running through the room as if it were our interactions with people and experiences we encounter along the way. With each meaningful interaction, we then connect a piece of our lives to that and are left with these web that extends in every which direction. Many think of veins as things that run through us and keep blood flowing through our bodies, but those veins are truly external as which each joy, the blood flows easily and with each pain, we lose a piece of ourselves. As much as one may not see it, our actions impact those around us who have attached their vein to us. While we may not realize how important we are to them, they know how important we are to them as they have attached a piece of themselves to you, thinking that you are someone who has had a significant impact on them or will be apart of their lives going forward. As I met new people today and reconnected again with friends of the past, I thought about where I have entrusted those lifelines and hope that I have placed them well. Knowing you all, I am confident with every step I take forward.


No comments:
Post a Comment