~:[CH8 - Day 200]:~ The Spark of a Bigger Flame
Sometimes there is a moment that you realize that a moment is a part of something greater. As in the place I despise most, I saw something that I was happy about, a bright future. One after another, the athletes rolled in and came to enjoy the bonfire and by night's end, we surrounded the entire pit with one of the largest bonfires our team has ever had. From freshmen to alumni, everyone was truly represented and we truly saw the beginning of this year's ohana. While the day didn't start off on the right foot as all the pits were taken beachside, a change in scenery ended up not being all that bad and led to something greater than I could have ever imagined. Sometimes, it just takes a spark to light a greater flame and I definitely saw that today. I was proud of how the event ended up and as miserable as I was at the beach, it was worth all of the misery I suffered through to see the athletes come together in the end. On a landmark day of the year, it truly was a day to remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment