~:[CH8 - Day 210]:~ Simple But Sweet
Most of you who follow me know that I like to cook. Often times, I get a response like "that's so fancy" but a meal doesn't have to be expensive to fit that WOW factor. Sometimes, something so simple can make your mouth water. I played around with the chicken ramen I got as part of my birthday gift. I normally don't get that type of ramen, but since I had it, I figured I'd use it. I decided model my recipe after a ramen I had in Japan, a yuzu ramen. While I didn't have chicken to top off this dish, I used some shrimp I had lying around along with load of other Japanese sides. This is what I came out with. I think when you think about life itself, it's these types of simple things that provide you with some of those WOW factor moments that you never thought you'd get out of something so simply, like a day at home. You don't have to go out to a fancy restaurant or place to make something amazing, but rather, put a few fine touches on things that you have at your fingertips. On a tight budget? Perfect, keep it simple, but put in the time (or at least the thought) into your final creation.


No comments:
Post a Comment