~:[CH8 - Day 190]:~ We're MOOving Along
Yes, that is similar to our Cow Run theme last year, but how can I help it when it fits so perfectly. Day 2 of practice was absolutely wonderful as the newbies begin to reveal themselves and show who is ALREADY ready to step up. One thing I love is that some athletes show their skills right away, while others slowly build into the season and are ready by CIF. Some of these athletes will have no idea that they are of varsity caliber then all of a sudden, WHAM! One of our favorite days of the year is Chick Fil A's annual customer appreciation day, as it's the easiest dress up day for anyone in cross country. You actually only need to wear your COW RUN shirt to get a free entree, but we pull out the cow suits and show up in style. We did again and got all the same looks we normally do. After a day full of taking care of odds and ends, I grabbed dinner with my former runner/coach and pseudo-son before he headed back home. He will be back, but definitely miss the days of him being around all the time. I came home to a pile of work to do as while having all these new athletes is great, it also means a lot more work on my end. I'll be doing paperwork for awhile, but for now, I'll just keep in mind that it's a good thing. I definitely spotted that. I guest now it's pasture bedtime as it is for me, so I will say goodnight until I find myself on the udder side of midnight.


No comments:
Post a Comment